Color Box # 1 is a set of color tablets: red, blue and yellow. It is the one of the first lesson in the sensorial area of the classroom. It’s goal is to teach primary colors. I created an alternative COLOR BOX #1 here that can be downloaded for free. The instructions for preparing this material is outlined here.
Child is able to sit for at least 10 minute without getting distracted.
Color Box #1 or Color Box (free download)
- “Let me show you the primary colors(or color box).”
- Get the box or the prepared and laminated color box work.
- Lay out the red tablet on the table,
- Find the matching red.
- Lay out the blue tablet on the table.
- Find the matching blue
- Lay out the yellow tablet on the table.
- Find the matching yellow.
- Arrange it and put it away on a pile.
- “Now its your turn.”
Child can color the primary colors and write the names of the colors.
Three Period Lesson
Once the child successfully matched all the three colors. You can do a three period lesson. The three period lesson goes like this:
Teacher : (Pointing at a color tablet) “This is RED”
Teacher : (Pointing at another color tablet) “This is BLUE”
Teacher : “Show me RED”
Teacher : “Show me BLUE”
Teacher:(Pointing to RED) “What is this color?
Teacher:(Pointing to BLUE) “What is this color?